Friday, August 31, 2007


Seafood Tostada


I made this for myself, but it is going to be an off menu appetizer special tonight. It was too large for an appetizer, so I am going to eliminate the lobster and make it smaller. I started with a tortilla, crisped, toppped with lettuce, tomato, and thinly sliced red onions. I composed crab and lobster meat over the lettuce and placed a grilled prawn on top. I dressed the salad with a vinaigrette made with lime juice and tequila. I garnished with avocado, jalapeno,sour cream, and lime wedges. It was refreshing delightful.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

That looks pretty tasty, looks like there's some jalapeno in there also. I think some cilantro would work also, especially w/the lime-tequila vinaigrette. Or that would also make a good soft taco.

I made some enchiladas last night w/some left over smoked chicken. I shredded the chicken, added diced onion, garlic, cilantro, roasted and diced hot Hatch chiles, and some shredded queso fresca. Rolled into corn tortillas and covered w/green chile sauce.

To go along w/the enchiladas I made some calabacita (Mexican squash) Calabacita is similar to zucchini, but much sweeter, IMO. I cubed the calabacita, added onion, garlic, tomato, corn, and cabbage. Seasoned w/salt, pepper, and cumin. Thickened it w/masa.

Lisa said...

It looks and sounds refreshing and delightful! Wow.