Tuesday, May 01, 2007




Fried Catfish

This was quite tasty last week. I don't sell much catfish at the restaurant-it doesn't sell that well. I guess there are alot of cheap and good places to get catfish, and when people come to Gallagher's they expect something a little more than catfish. All the other fishes sell pretty well-especially salmon, orange roughy, shark, and mahi mahi.
I do not like catfish fillets, I want the whole fish on the bone-they really do taste so much better. I made tartar sauce with some delicious pickles I bought from a lady who makes them in Redbud. I dusted the fish with a mixture of 1 1/2 cups flour mixed with 1/2 cup cornmeal-I don't like all cornmeal coating-too gritty. Adding 1/2 cup cornmeal to flour adds just the right amount of crunch for me. Of course fried in my beloved vintage Griswold iron skillet.

No comments: