Friday, February 17, 2006








I finally have the time to post the Valentine's day pictures from the restaurant. We were sold out, but only did 130 guests, because most reservations were for parties of two.
Menu

shrimp cocktail

salad of romaine, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, watermelon hearts, tossed with toasted pine nuts and lemon-mint vinaigrette

Main course was tenderloin and lobster with walnut-blue cheese mashed potatoes

or

Chicken Rochambeau with rice pilaf-both entrees had grilled baby vegetables

Triple chocolate mousse cake with rasberry sauce and creme anglaise

I reinvented the Chicken Rochambeau, by pounding a skinless boneless chicken breast, stuffing it with ham, rolling it jelly-roll style, breaded it and roasted it.

I sliced it into pinwheels and placed it on top of Marchand du vin sauce, then napped the top of the chicken with bearnaise. Believe it or not this is a much lighter dish than the New Orleans classic which was in vented at Arnaud's I think. It required a ham steak placed over Marchand du vin sauce, topped with a roasted half chicken, which was smothered with bearnaise. Even in my most gluttonous moments I don't think I could get that down.

Dan Dunsford did the florals.

No comments: