Tuesday, February 14, 2006






We cekebrated Valentine's day a day early last night. I'll be at the restaurant all day today. We're very busy tonight there. The stone cutter had my kitchen messed up most of the day installing new granite counter tops, so there wasn't much time for everything else. I purchased Dan a new shirt from Brooks Brothers, some Eau de toilette from a new store at the Galleria specializing in things from Provence-really neat place. Chocolates from Karl Bissinger also.

The menu consisted of a whole crab already cleaned and steamed from Whole Foods, Grilled sea scallops with vegetable latkes, creme fraiche, and salmon roe. We drank a cava Montsarra-really nice for $15-lots of lime, very dry, but none of the bitterness I find in some cheaper sparkling wines.

I set the table with Dan's grandmother's china, my grandmother's vintage tablecloth with her rosewood bud vase and a spray of orchids, all in all sort of sweet.

No comments: