Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Grilled Radicchio, Rooasted Pears and Shrimp


This is a recipe I'm working on for some classes in January. I roasted the pears with a little honey, I quartered the heads of Radicchio, brushed them with olive oil and grilled them. I sauteed the shrimp in garlic butter, but I think I will change the shrimp to seared sea scallops for the final recipe. I next made a vinaigrette with Balsamic vinegar mixed with the juices left from the roasting pears. The honey was a nice counter balance to the bitter Radicchio. The flavors worked beautifully, but I think the sea scallops might make a more appealing plate.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Mick,
Great minds think alike...I picked up some pears to roast the other day..... I think EVERYTHING is better grilled. I've grilled romaine many times. I've used several vinaigrettes, the one I liked best was w/Meyer lemons. The honey sounds very good also. Whether you use shrimp or scallops, I think grilling will work better than sauteing.