Tuesday, August 15, 2006


Grilled Pork Medallions with Strawberry Salsa


I had planned on running lamb chop specials all weekend, but they sold out on Friday night due to a larger than usual dinner rush. I had an extra pork loin left from a private party we did on the third floor-we call it the "Top of The Town"-it is a beautiful party venue with an art deco bar and a speakeasy feel. Al Hirschfield cariacatures from the 1920's and 1930's decorate the walls.

So I marinated the loin in some orange juice, rice wine vinegar, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. I cut the loin into medallions and grilled them to order, brushing them with the marinade (you must first boil the marinade after you take the pork out, if you want brush it on the meat as it grills).

On the plate I spooned an unusual strawberry salsa across the medallions. The salsa contained oranges, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, rice wine vinegar. It was lovely on the plate and sold out quickly.

No comments: