Monday, August 02, 2010




Poblano Peppers


I picked up these beautiful Poblanos at farmer's market last week. I roasted these peppers, and gently made a slit in the side and carefully removed the core and seeds. I stuffed them with a mixture of black beans, rice, and corn, topped with some queso fresco. In cooler weather I would probably bake them in a chili sauce, but I just served them at room temperature and they were just perfect-spicy and sweet-very summery.


1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1 cup cooked black beans
corn, scraped from 2 ears of corn
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/4 cup diced onion, sauteed
1 clove garlic, minced and sauteed
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all of he ingredients.

Gently stuff the roasted peppers with the mixture and top with some crumbled queso fresco.




No comments: