Wednesday, May 20, 2009







Birthday Lunch

I celebrated my 56 th birthday last Sunday (a couple days late). My parents were visiting, so I decided to make something special. I chose lobster, corn on the cob and fingerling potatoes. My parents are such light eaters I didn't make any hors douevre or salad. I did mix up a pitcher of Whiskey Sours, which is a cocktail that their generation really seems to appreciate. Birthday cake was purchased at Wei Hong, a chinese bakery on Grand Avenue a couple of blocks from my house. We served chocolate gelato with it.

I count myself blessed to be able to celebrate with my parents this year. It was a lovely day.

Whiskey Sour
1 orange sliced
1 lemon sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups of bourbon
Muddle the fruit with the sugar and let it sit for 1/2 hour to draw out the juices and oils.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in a larger pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
To serve pour over ice and garnish with lemon, orange and maraschino cherry.



1 comment:

The Duo Dishes said...

What a great bday lunch. The lobster looks tasty. And so does that cocktail!