Thursday, January 15, 2009


Pan Fried Gnocci with Shrimp and Lemon Gremoulata
I have to admit I used a packaged gnocci for this-but it was so good I thought I would post it anyway. Next week I'll make my own gnocci, I promise. Pan frying the dumplings result with crispy edges with a fluffy potatoey interior, just perfect to pair with some sauteed vegetables and shrimp flavored with garlic and lemon.
For the Gremoulata:
Zest of one lemon
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
Finely mince these ingredients together and sprinkle sparingly over pastas and braised meats (used in the Italian dish Osso Bucco to top the veal shanks).
For the Gnocci:
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 pound of gnocci (enough for two)
1 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes (or to taste-depending on how spicy you like it)
1/4 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup carrot, sliced into coins
2 Tablespoons of minced green onion
1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
Salt to taste
Heat the butter and olive oil together add the red pepper flakes.
Add the gnocci, carrots, and celery to the hot oil, and saute over medium heat for several minutes until the edges are browned and crispy and the vegetables are tender.
Add the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp with the flavors and oil. Add the lemon juice and wine and simmer one minute just until shrimp are done, add a little salt if you like.
Serve in pasta bowls topped with a sprinkling of gremoulata.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow I like your blog and the recipes are ...mmm mmm good!
I thought you might be interested in sharing your recipes and cooking tips with us at Foodista - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit.
We also have small embeddable widgets that can help you build traffic from Foodista-related pages. Check it out here. I look forward to seeing more of your recipes!