Sunday, June 04, 2006


More asparagus

Does anyone ever get tired of asparaus-I can't imagine it! I am continually inspired by it, amused by it and what else can I say? Asparagus-I love you. Here's more asparagus, only white this time.

White apsaragus is covered as it grows so it doesn't turn green. The stalks are more fibrous, they have to be thoroughly peeled. The flavor is more assertive and some what bitter-not in an unpleasant way, but like wild greens taste. I peeled them, blanched them, then sauteed them in a caper butter with parsley, sundried tomatoes, and proscuitto, and a spritz of fresh lemon juice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous. I have recently acquired a luv for purple asparagus and it's nutty flavors. Saute it with some earthy mushrooms, olive oil, and bit of Italian spice or terragon and it's a little bit o' heaven!